Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Countdown Begins

As I am nearly (or already, depending on which of the two due dates I was given) 41 weeks pregnant, my doctor has decided that the best course of action at this point is to schedule an induction. Being induced is not what I would have chosen, however, I want to do what is safest for the baby.

So I have about another day to absorb life with one child and enjoy my little family of three. I think tonight we will do a few of Ford's favorite things -- have a "pizza party," as he calls it, and do movie night. He and Matt went to the library this afternoon and checked out a Clifford the Big Red Dog DVD so we won't have to suffer through Winnie the Pooh's Christmas Adventure yet again. Ford hearts Tigger forever :)

As much as I would love to avoid induction, I am really looking forward to meeting Baby B. I am anxious to see how this whole thing will register with Ford once he realizes what having a baby sister really means.

I go into the hospital Sunday evening for an overnight stay and will be induced early Monday morning. Hopefully, if time permits tomorrow, I will be able to take one last nap with my little Fordy, one of the things that I love to do most in this world. There's nothing like snuggling up with a little curly-headed two year old who wraps his arms around your neck and then nestles his head against yours...it is heaven on earth. Perhaps one day the joy of this will be surpassed by snuggling into bed with my curly-headed two-year old daughter and her big, four-year old brother. That sounds nice too.

Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment