Monday, April 4, 2011

Nesting

As you probably know, Baby B is not here just yet. It's as my brother's girlfriend said, "You should let her know there's no such thing as being fashionably late to your own birth!" I continue to nest as we patiently (ha!) await her arrival and Matt's even gotten in on the action. My projects mostly involve simple sewing for the baby, but they've also encompassed a few household updates as well...things I assume I won't have time for after she arrives. I thought I would take a few pictures to share the results of my late-night labors. I apologize for the fuzziness...the good camera is packed in the hospital bag.

"Up-cycled" clothes: I tried adding appliques and embellishments to some of Ford's newborn clothes in an effort to girl-ify a very brown and blue collection of baby clothes. I also tried my hand at a few little skirts.




This little outfit was made from one of my skirts that I no longer wear:


A few pairs of pants from a very easy tutorial :


Pillowcase dresses from this tutorial. The little dress on the left was made from one of Matt's and one of Ford's old shirts following this tutorial:



(You're probably noticing that I had a lot of that brown and cream material in my stash and I'm not done yet...)

Some coordinating diaper covers from this tutorial:


A few household projects:




Hooray for spring!


(My flowers got a little battered in last night's thunderstorm...)







And of course I couldn't leave Ford out...

Some new shorts and freezer paper stenciled t-shirts with his current favorites:



A new umbrella cover for his sandbox:



And an awesome vinyl decal (ordered off Etsy, not made by me) for his bedroom wall in our "Around the World" theme:


So, yeah, I'm pretty much over nesting. Come on Baby B!

Stacy



2 comments:

  1. Goodness. That's not even possible! ha But, fabulous work on all of these items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are my hero! I love everything you made! btw, sierra wore the apron you sewed her while we dyed eggs yesterday. So cute!

    ReplyDelete